Blue Wing Honda (or “BWH”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy explains how Blue Wing Honda (or “BWH”) manages the personal information that we collect, use, and disclose.
Blue Wing Honda is bound by the Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 2020 which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how individuals may access, and correct personal information held about them.
WHO IS "BLUE WING HONDA"?
“BWH”, “Blue Wing Honda”, “Honda” and “we” means, as applicable:
- BLUE WING HONDA LIMITED - NZBN - 9429040643205
- POWER AND MARINE LIMITED - NZBN - 9429031845793, encompassing Honda Marine and Honda Power Equipment brands.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
For most products and services, it is necessary for us to collect ‘personal information’. Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
The personal information we collect includes:
- demographic information such as address and postcodes;
- age or date of birth;
- identity details;
- contact details;
- organisation details;
- driver’s licence;
- transaction details associated with any purchase made with us;
- your preferences and interests about our products and services and other information relevant to customer surveys, social media, product research and/or offer.
We may also collect further personal information depending on the product or service offered.
Blue Wing Honda also requires certain personal information about the purchaser of each Blue Wing Honda motorcycle and farm vehicle. This is required by the Land Transport Safety Authority so that we can contact owners in the event there is a safety recall issued by the manufacturer.
Information we collect from your online activity
When you use the Blue Wing Honda websites or mobile applications, we may collect information about your location or activity including IP address, telephone number and whether you have accessed a third-party site. We also store information about your interactions with us, whether through email correspondence, website chat functions or any other media platform.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information (including website information) so that we can:
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks.
- understand your needs and provide you with a product or service.
- inform you in the event of a recall affecting your vehicle.
- ensure your purchase is recorded and maintained for warranty purposes.
- setup, administer and manage our products and services.
- improve our products and services.
- offer promotions, competitions, new product notifications, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- to contact you for market research purposes.
- customise our website according to your interests.
- research market and customer preferences and requirements.
- comply with any financial obligations and conduct credit checks where necessary.
- register a security interest over products not yet paid in full or where we have provided any loan vehicles.
- recover any unpaid debt.
- share with our staff members, agents, and/or third party service providers to administer your preferences, and to enable our agents to assist us in arranging promotions and programs.
- detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate, report any fraud or any prohibited activity which in turn protects you or others.
- improve and operate our website and provide you with access to secure areas of our website/services.
- respond to complaints or enquiries.
- consider any career applications with us.
- manage and administer our products and services (including monitoring, auditing and evaluation of those products and services (for example answering your requests and complaints, varying products and services, conducting market research, taking legal and/or enforcement action required in relation to our products and managing our relevant product portfolios.
- comply with the law, law enforcement agencies and any court order.
BWH collects personal information from the BWH dealer network when you purchase products to ensure we can administer our warranty system and provide quality customer service throughout your ownership.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your express consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
WHAT WE DO WITH INFORMATION WE DID NOT ASK FOR.
Where we receive unsolicited information, we will check whether that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities. If it is, we will handle this information the same way described in ‘HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?’. If not, we will ensure we de-identify it or destroy it.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T GIVE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You are under no obligation to provide personal information, however, choosing not to do so may affect our ability to administer warranty benefits and customer service, or provide you with our services or products, or properly manage and administer services and products provided to you.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will collect your personal information directly from you and, in some cases, from other people or organisations. We collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable. This may take place in several ways, such as when:
- you complete any application for a product or service.
- a product or service is requested in person, over the telephone, internet or via social media, SMS and email.
- you complete a purchase our products or engage our services.
- you provide it to us directly.
- you register or create an account on our website.
- you complete any forms, surveys, competition registrations or request for information that we or our third party providers provide.
- you make an enquiry, submit a complaint, request a test drive, register your interest, or when you download any of our brochures and/or marketing materials. . .
We may collect and disclose your personal information to the persons and organisations noted below during the information life cycle, regularly, or on an ad hoc basis, depending on the purpose of collection.
Sometimes, personal information may be collected from a source other than the individual to which it relates such as from our related companies or from various Government road and traffic authorities throughout New Zealand.
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may provide your personal information to other related companies in the Blue Wing Honda Group, and they may disclose or use your personal information for the purposes described in ‘WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?’ in relation to products and services they may provide to you. We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are directly related, where you would reasonably expect us to. We may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
- other companies within the Blue Wing Honda Group and other trading divisions or departments within the same company, including POWER AND MARINE LIMITED - NZBN - 9429031845793
- any of our Blue Wing Honda joint ventures where authorised or required.
- our franchise dealers to assist those dealers to better serve customer needs (for example, to save customers time when they contact one of our franchise dealers about vehicle servicing, roadside assistance, advice on a vehicle's features and performance or purchase of a new vehicle)
- customer, product, business or strategic research and development organisations.
- call centres and customer service providers.
- data warehouse, strategic learning organisations, data partners, analytic consultants.
- social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information.
- publicly available sources of information.
- clubs, associations, member loyalty or rewards programs and other industry relevant organisations.
- a third party that we have contracted to provide financial services, financial products, or administrative services – for example:
- information technology providers
- administration or business management services, consultancy firms, auditors, and business management consultants
- marketing agencies and other marketing service providers
- claims management service providers
- print/mail/digital service providers; and
- imaging and document management services
- any intermediaries, including your agent, adviser, a broker, representative or person acting on your behalf, Financial Service Providers, our authorised representatives, advisers, and/or our agents.
- a third-party claimant or witnesses in a claim.
- accounting or finance professionals and advisers.
- government, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies.
- in the case of a relationship with a corporate partner such as a bank or a credit union, the corporate partner, and any new incoming insurer.
- any external dispute resolution body.
- legal and any other professional advisers or consultants.
- career consultants.
- hospitals and medical, health or wellbeing professionals.
- debt collection agencies, a guarantor, organisations involved in valuing, surveying, or registering a security property, or which otherwise have an interest in such property, purchasers of debt portfolios; and
- any other organisation or person, where you have asked them to provide your personal information to us or asked us to obtain personal information from them, for example your family member.
Sometimes we need to provide your personal information to, or get personal information about you from persons located overseas for the same purposes as in ‘WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?’
The countries we usually disclose your personal information to include:
- Japan; and
From time to time, we may need to disclose your personal information to, and collect your personal information from, other countries not listed above. Nevertheless, we will always disclose and collect your personal information in accordance with privacy laws.
We use third party providers to store our data, including personal information, and we take reasonable steps to ensure that our third party data processors can meet our privacy and security requirements. All the information we hold about you will be processed and stored in accordance with data protection laws which at a minimum are similar to the Privacy Act 2020.
Depending on the third party, some levels of personal information may be disclosed to third parties in countries outside New Zealand and steps are taken to reasonably ensure those parties are subject to similar levels of data protection. If the third party is not in a country with similar levels of data protection as that provided by the New Zealand Privacy Act, this will be made known to you and we will only share the required personal information necessary for the purposes of the performance of our services upon receipt of your consent.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OUR MARKETING PRACTICES
Every now and then, we and any of our related companies in the Blue WIng Honda group might let you know, including via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online, about news, special offers, products and services that you might be interested in. We will engage in marketing unless you tell us otherwise. Our marketing materials will come with an option to opt out, so you may do so if desired. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences at any time.
In order to carry out our direct marketing we collect your personal information from and disclose it to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services (you can see the full list of persons and organisations under ‘HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?’). We may also collect your personal information for marketing through competitions and by purchasing contact lists.
We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from you or others, with the information we, or the Blue WIng Honda group or our service providers already hold about you. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance to you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, network and managerial procedures and security to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
The security of information is important to Blue Wing Honda and our employees and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- Blue Wing Honda staff are trained in how to keep your information secure.
- external and internal premises security.
- restricted access to personal information to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions.
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access including identifiers and passwords; and
- maintaining physical security over paper records.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us. Your information is held at one or more of the following address:
- 132 Pavilion Drive, M?ngere, Auckland 2022
We also utilise the services of third party IT, cloud storage, system, legal tools and management systems, and email providers which may change from time to time. If you would like to know who we use and where your information is stored, please get in touch with our privacy officer and we will reasonably endeavour to provide that information to you.
If you request Blue Wing Honda to correct personal information we hold in relation to you, we will take reasonable steps to correct the personal information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Information can be accessed, and a request to correct the personal information made, by contacting Blue Wing Honda’s Privacy Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict an individual's access, we will explain why.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
When you provide us with information, use our website, purchase our products or use our services, you represent that the personal information of any third parties you provide to us, and its manner of collection, are compliant with the Privacy Act 2020 and that you have obtained the relevant consent from the said third parties.
If an individual believes that the privacy of their personal information has been compromised, they are entitled to complain. Complaints can be made by the individual contacting the person or department they were dealing with or by calling the Blue Wing Honda’s Privacy Officer via email@example.com. We will respond to complaints as soon as possible.
If you disagree with our decision, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by visiting www.privacy.org.nz or by calling 0800 803 909
CONTACT US AND OPTING OUT
Our privacy officer is responsible for overseeing your personal data requests. If you have any questions, concerns or requests with regard to your personal information, please contact our privacy officer as set out below:
Telephone: 0508 466 326
Address: 132 Pavilion Drive, M?ngere, Auckland 2022
By entering this site you acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions stated herein. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this site. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that this site is intended for viewing within New Zealand only and will only be construed and evaluated according to New Zealand law. If you use this site from other locations you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws. Blue Wing Honda limited makes no representations that the materials contained within this site are appropriate for locations outside New Zealand. With regard to any competitions or sweepstakes advertised within this site, please do not enter if you are not located in New Zealand. Any entries from outside New Zealand will be automatically disqualified. In some cases it may be necessary to purchase prior to entering a competition advertised on this site. See official rules of the relevant competition on this site for full details. Any and all information contained herein, applies only to those provided or offered within. Blue Wing Honda Limited is the copyright owner of everything on this site and no portion of this site, including but not limited to the text, images, audio or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without Blue Wing Honda Limited express written permission, except as provided for herein. Without in any way waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download one copy of the material on this site for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
Modification or use of the material on this site for any other purpose violates Blue Wing Honda's legal rights. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that your use is at your own risk and that none of the parties involved in creating, producing, or delivering this site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages, or any other losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including legal fees, expert fees, or other disbursements) which may arise, directly or indirectly, through the access to, use of, or browsing of this site or through your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this site, including but not limited to anything caused by any viruses, bugs, human action or inaction or any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or any other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. Although the specifications, features, illustrations, equipment and other information contained in the site are based upon up-to-date information, and while Blue Wing Honda Limited makes all reasonable efforts to insure that all material on this site is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and Blue Wing Honda Limited makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. This site, and all information and materials contained herein, is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some special options, which may be mentioned within this site, are not available in all areas. See your local Honda dealer for complete details of warranties or guarantees mentioned within this site. Do not post on this site, or transmit to this site, any pornographic, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous, threatening, unlawful or other material which could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or regulation. Notwithstanding the fact that Blue Wing Honda Limited or other parties involved in creating, producing, or delivering this site, may monitor or review transmissions, postings, discussions, or chats, Blue Wing Honda Limited and all parties involved in creating, producing, or delivering this site, assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including but not limited to claims for defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, profanity, or misrepresentation. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that any communication or material you transmit to this site or Blue Wing Honda limited in any manner and for any reason will not be treated as confidential or proprietary.
Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit to Blue Wing Honda Limited may be used by Blue Wing Honda Limited anywhere, anytime, and for any reason whatsoever. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark, or servicemark contained on this Site is owned or licensed by Blue Wing Honda Limited and may not be used by you without prior written approval. Blue Wing Honda limited will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Sound, graphics, charts, information, or images of places or people are either property of Blue Wing Honda Limited or used on this site with permission. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited unless specifically provided for on the site. Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights. Although this site may be linked to other sites, Blue Wing Honda Limited is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with the linked site, unless specifically stated therein. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that Blue Wing Honda limited has not reviewed all the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other site linked to this site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk. Blue Wing Honda Limited reserves the right to revise this Legal Information at any time and for any reason and reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, to any of the information contained on this site, including but not limited to motorcycle colors, specifications, accessories, models, materials or other product or service features. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by any such revisions. We suggest periodically visiting this page of the site to review these terms and conditions. The RRP's (recommended retail price) listed in this site includes GST, title, license and registration unless otherwise stated. Actual price may vary. Sponsor: Blue Wing Honda Limited, 132 Pavilion Drive, Airport Oaks, Auckland. COPYRIGHT 1999 BLUE WING HONDA LIMITED ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.